The Sedona Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau operates two distinct functions. Neither is funded from Sedona residents.
The Chamber is the official Destination Management & Marketing Organization (DMMO) for the Sedona area, accredited through Destinations International. The Chamber established the Tourism Bureau to promote Sedona and manage tourism through a contract with the City of Sedona.
- The Tourism Bureau is funded by a ‘bed tax’ paid ONLY by guests staying at Sedona lodging facilities, typical of DMMOs nationally
- Unless you stay at a hotel within the City limits, you do NOT pay the bed tax
- 55% of bed tax revenue is allocated for tourism marketing
- 45% helps the City pay for parks, streets, law enforcement and other critical community needs
- The Chamber gets input from businesses, affinity groups, residents, land managers and nonprofits to create the annual Destination Services plan
- The City Council and Chamber Board review the annual plan and budget and must approve it
- While the Tourism Bureau is funded by a portion of the bed tax, The Chamber of Commerce function is funded entirely by fees paid by local businesses and organizations that belong to the Chamber. The Chamber of Commerce receives no taxpayer funds!