Hosting a Mixer
Do you want to showcase your business to the community while providing an enjoyable space for people to get together? If so, a mixer may be the way to do it! The benefits to hosting a mixer is to give your business exposure and publicity while also creating an environment for other members to network and connect in an informal way. Please read below for more information.
- Promotion of event through the chamber’s social media, website, and e-newsletters sent out every Monday and Friday.
- Raffle prizes
- PA system for announcements if one is not available
- Check-in table if the host does not have one
- Portion of proceeds from ticket sales go to the host for assistance in catering expense with a cost receipt.
- Mixer Host must be a Sedona Chamber of Commerce member
- Provide dedicated space to accommodate 75 -150 people
- Food must be present and drinks available for purchase
- If not at a restaurant/bar and hosting a happy hour mixer, host must obtain liquor license (click here for application)
- If the venue does not have a kitchen, catering is required (preferably from another chamber member)
- Adequate parking or arrange for shuttle/trolley service from a centralized location
- Mixers may be co-hosted with another Chamber member to share responsibilities
- Live music
- Make it a themed event
- Offer an incentive (discount on services, two for one, etc.) for attendees to come back and buy your service or product.
- Create a flyer or send emails! While the chamber does actively promote your event, promoting to your friends, colleagues, and other members goes a long way in spreading the word and boosting attendance.
Mixers are held quarterly:
- Mixer 1 – (July – September)
- Mixer 2 – ( November – December) Holiday Mixer
- Mixer 3 – (January – February)
- Mixer 4 – (April – June)
Generally Mixers will fall on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for both Happy Hour and Breakfast Mixers. Time is flexible.
March and October no mixers will be held due to our Annual Partners Meeting and International Women’s Day Leadership Awards Luncheon.
If you have a smaller space and want to hold a mixer, you can host a smaller event called a Category Mixer. Category Mixers will be up to 50 people based on work interest (e.g., Real Estate/Non Profit/Medical)
Please contact our Events Manager, Ciara Klabunde for additional questions.