Sustainable Tourism means placing Sedona’s quality of life, natural environment and unique character at the heart of the visitor experience. For visitors, it means having only a positive impact – supporting the local economy and respecting local culture and expectations.
The City and the SCC&TB have teamed with Nichols Tourism Group and the ASU School of Sustainability to create Sedona’s first Sustainable Tourism Plan.
- A Sustainable Tourism Plan will provide strategies for guiding and educating visitors to mitigate impacts
- Technology and transportation options for dispersing foot and vehicle traffic are among sustainable tourism strategies
- ASU is gathering input from residents and businesses via focus groups and mailed surveys
- In September, a facilitated community discussion called a Visioning Session will gather ideas and review what researchers have learned
- A community email address will be set up following the Session so anyone unable to attend can still comment
- The Sustainability Plan is on track to be competed in early 2019