Tourism is the cornerstone of Sedona’s economic base. Tourism trackers estimate that more than 3 million people visit the Sedona area annually. Sedona’s small town character is preserved by the city’s preponderance of small owner-operated businesses that serve visitors and the community.
City of Sedona Business Requirements
The City of Sedona requires commercial businesses with the city limits to procure a business license. More information about the business-licensing program can be found on the City of Sedona website.
The City also has zoning laws, building and tenant occupancy permits and requirements and sales tax regulations. For questions regarding allowed uses and requirements for starting or relocating a business to Sedona, please contact the City of Sedona Development Services at (928) 282-1154.
- City of Sedona Land Development Code
- City of Sedona Building Permits
- City of Sedona Business Registration
- Arizona Department of Commerce
- Sedona Commercial Real Estate Agents
- Arizona Transaction Privilege Taxes (Sales Tax)
- Arizona Corporation Commission
- Arizona Secretary of State / Business Services
- Sedona Visitor Profile Summary
- Arizona Business Licensing Guide
Business Development Resources
In partnership with the Sedona Chamber of Commerce, both the Yavapai College Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the Coconino SBDC provide premier counseling and educational services to entrepreneurs. With several area locations, mobile counseling services and a wide variety of expertise, the SBDC serves all business start-up, retention and expansion needs.
- Free one-on-one, confidential counseling
- Small Business Workshops
- Incubation resources through the Rural Center for Entrepreneurship (Yavapai) and NACET (Coconino)
Follow these links to the Chamber’s SBDC (Small Business Development Center) partners about small business loans, counseling, mentoring, and other assistance.
SCORE (Senior Corp of Retired Executives) has assisted more than 5,000 small business and nonprofit clients through face-to-face counseling and workshops.
To schedule your appointment with a SCORE or SBDC counselor, call the Chamber’s Administrative Office, 204-1123, ext.100. Standing appointments are available the afternoon of the fourth Wednesday of every month or at another mutually agreed upon schedule.
To contact local service providers who can help you start a new business, consult the Sedona Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau’s business directory for: