Read our most recent eNewsletter
November 11, 2021
International Entry into US Permitted for Vaccinated Travelers
On November 8, President Biden ordered the resumption of international travel into the United States for fully vaccinated travelers. As a result, Red Rock Country may soon see an uptick in international visitors. The Arizona Office of Tourism has updated its information page on COVID-19 policies and their impact on Arizona travel. We recommend reviewing this very useful information to assist our international guests.
$101.1 Million Visit Arizona Initiative Could Aid Your Business
Program #1, the $25 million Visit Arizona Partnership Grant, is now open for applications. The grant program supports conferences, expositions, festivals, and other events that directly support jobs in the travel and hospitality sectors. The deadline for applying is August 31, and awardees will be announced not later than the end of September, 2021. Another funding application period will be offered in calendar 2022, according to the Arizona Office of Tourism.
Other programs make up the balance of the $101.1 million in funding.
The Initiative is good news for Arizona and greater Sedona and may be an opportunity for your business to access additional federal support.
Please see the Visit Arizona Initiative website to learn more, including application periods, eligibility requirements and permitted uses.
If you’d like to be notified when future grant guidelines and applications open, you can register here.
Governor Ducey Announces Reinstatement of “Work Search Requirement” to Help Ease Labor Shortage
The Order went into effect the week of May 23.
Federal supplemental unemployment benefits expired September, 2021.
Your laid off unpaid employees can begin the process of applying for benefits at AZUI.gov
NOTE – the Northern Arizona Council of Governments recommends entering COVID-19 as the ‘Reason for Separation’ if it pertains.
Your laid off employees can get help navigating the services above by calling NACOG’s West County One Shop at 928.778.1422 or 928.308.4832, or the East County One Stop at 928.649.6867 or 928.649.6868, or visit their websites: nacog.org and yavapaiatwork.com.
Make an appointment and stay updated on vaccine allocations, administration and locations in Coconino County and Yavapai County Health Department websites. To find COVID-19 testing sites near you, put in your ZIP code at Arizona Department of Health.
Are your Sedona | Safe.Clean.Ready messages readily visible to your customers? Now is a good time to check and if you need additional or replacement posters, you can download them here. Let’s not let our guard down.
SBA Disaster Loan Update
The SBA is accepting applications for the EIDL Loan and Advance Programs. Check it regularly. Non-profit organizations are also eligible for SBA Disaster Loans. Nonprofits should contact Northern AZ SCORE and United Way of Yavapai County for assistance.
COVID Relief Bill 2021
The $1.9 trillion COVID-19 Relief Package passed Congress on March 10, 2021. The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 includes federal assistance and supports recovery of small business and the tourism industry. Here are some key points to know about the plan:
- $350 billion to states and local governments, with explicit authority given to allow funds to aid the travel and tourism industry.
- $3 billion for Economic Development Administration grants, with 25% ($750 million) set aside for communities affected by job loss in travel and tourism.
- Extends the Employee Retention Tax Credit through the end of 2021 and adds enhancements for businesses experiencing at least a 90% decline in revenue.
- $7.25 billion to the Payroll Protection Program and allows larger nonprofits to qualify.
- Extends a $300 per week jobless aid supplement until Sept. 6. It also makes an individual’s first $10,200 in jobless benefits tax-free.
- The bill includes $1,400 in direct payments to individuals and families. The amount begins to lessen at $75,000 in income for individuals, capped at individuals who make $80,000. The thresholds for joint filers are double those limits. Eligibility will be determined on most recent filed tax return.
- $12.7 billion for a national vaccination program, which creates community inoculation centers nationwide along with mobile units for hard-to-reach areas.
- $50 billion to improve testing and contact tracing capabilities.
Take Advantage of Promotional and Marketing Opportunities
Please visit the Benefits of Partnership page to see all your Sedona Chamber benefits including ways to promote your business with free and paid opportunities.
Arizona Commerce Authority Small Business Webinars
The Arizona Commerce Authority is continuing its popular webinar series. Check out free webinars on a host of ways to improve your business performance.
Sedona | Safe.Clean.Ready Campaign
Hundreds of businesses have volunteered to implement posted safety practices and are now listed on SedonaSafeCleanReady.com. We are also encouraging residents and visitors to practice the guidelines.
By signing on, you get immediate access to Sedona | Safe.Clean.Ready logos and posters letting customers know you are operating responsibly and educating them on interacting safely with you and your employees.
We are promoting Sedona | Safe.Clean.Ready through social media, blogs, free media and paid advertising.
The Arizona Office of Tourism Provides Guidelines for Tourism Industry Businesses
- Reopening guidance for Pools
- Reopening guidance for Spas
- Reopening guidance for Retail Businesses
- Reopening guidance for Salons, Spas and Barber Shops
- Reopening guidance for Restaurants and Coffee Shops
- Reopening guidance for Visitor Centers
- Reopening guidance for Attractions
The Arizona Office of Tourism shared Travel-focused Pandemic Data Resources
- Coronavirus Travel Sentiment Index Report, Destination Analyst
- Daily Travel Index, Arrivalis
- Compilation of data resources by Miles Partnership
The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) was awarded $289 million from the COVID-19 relief package passed by Congress. This funding will be used toward direct payments for rent, rental arrears, utilities, utility arrears, and other expenses related to housing stability incurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Renters and landlords in the twelve Arizona counties listed can apply for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) using the online ERAP portal. Applications will be accepted through the program’s expiration on December 31, 2021 or until funding is exhausted.
Senior Core of Retired Executives Offer FREE Business Advice
Free SCORE business advisory services for COVID-19 business advice, and recovery planning. Contact Wade Bell at email@example.com
LOCAL ATTORNEYS EXPLAIN
Aspey, Watkins & Diesel PLLC explain topics to help businesses related to COVID-19
EMPLOYMENT & PAYROLL RELIEF
Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act from the US Senate
VISITOR CENTER & CHAMBER OPERATIONS
Visitor Center: The Visitor Center at Forest and 89A is open 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Visit us at 331 Forest Road, Sedona
- Call 1.800.288.7336
- Email Info@SedonaChamber.com
Chamber Administrative Office: The Chamber offices at 45 Sunset Drive is open 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to Noon on Friday.
ADDITIONAL BUSINESS RESOURCES