AS SEEN IN THE RED ROCK NEWS
October 11, 2019
The Sedona Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau Annual Partner Meeting, set for October 16 at the Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock, is a perfect time to consider why approximately 850 businesses choose to be Chamber partners.
Chamber partners build B2B relationships that promote opportunity for all, creating jobs and expanding the City’s tax base. And whether it is a food drive, charity fundraiser or a trails preservation campaign, you will always find Chamber businesses supporting causes Sedona believes in.
Our 14-person Board of Directors continues to be community focused, unanimously supporting development of the Sustainable Tourism Plan, the award-winning new direction in tourism management. Chamber partners are leading the charge on important components of the Plan such as visitor education, stewardship, and voluntourism.
We aid the entire business community with our out-of-state and Valley-focused marketing efforts. We are working with all businesses effected by Uptown construction, too, providing a free Construction Support Guide that includes customer relations and marketing tips as well as ideas for working with construction managers to maintain easy business access.
Local business success is at the core of our mission to make Sedona the best place to live, work, play and visit. Leveraging the Uptown Visitor Center is one way we assist our business partners:
• Rack cards are prominently displayed at the Visitor Center, which welcomes 300,000 walk-ins per year
• Face-to-face, via email and on the phone, Visitor Center volunteers and staff refer visitors to thousands of local businesses
• We feature our partners in the popular Hometown Guide, distributing 10,000 copies locally every year
• Partners who market to visitors appear in the Experience Sedona Guide. Travelers snap up 275,000 copies annually
• We list partners on VisitSedona.com (more than 1.7 million unique sessions with over 4 million-page views annually) and SedonaChamber.com (225,000-page views). Partners can even post a brief promotional video plus a GPS map of their location
Some of our most in-demand services directly support business development, such as:
• Free business counseling and mentoring
• Educational and networking events
• Partner-to-partner discounts
• A coupon webpage where the public can find partner discounts
With more than 60 years of service, the Sedona Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau is a unique Sedona institution. As we gather next week to set the tone for a busy year ahead, I will be urging members to reflect on our critical role and to redouble our commitment to a sustainable balance of economy, quality of life, environmental stewardship and visitor experience.
–Jennifer Wesselhoff, President/CEO