Member e-News Submission Criteria
The Sedona Chamber of Commerce is pleased to produce weekly newsletters to members and other interested parties. Currently, our subscriber base is over 2,500. As a reminder these newsletters are produced to keep you informed of Chamber news, events, and local happenings in Sedona.
The "Chamber e-News" provides information in newsletter format, sent out every Monday. This newsletter is filled with updates, news, promotion & marketing opportunities, Visitor Center updates and more. We do not accept submissions to this newsletter.
Our Member e-News is sent out every Tuesday. This newsletter is filled with Member updates, events, discounts, professional development ideas, and more. In an effort to respond to the feedback we have received about our newsletters we have created submission criteria to ensure fairness, accuracy, and a fresh newsletter each week. Here are the criteria:
- Submissions are to be 75 words or less (including the title) sent in the body of an email or in a Word Document.
- Deadline is every Friday at 12:00 pm- we must stick to this and it will be enforced.
- Submissions are to be written in third person- avoid "I, We, Us" (standard press release format).
- Avoid using ALL CAPS, if a submission is received in this format it will not be printed.
- Send information that is timely: an event, book signing, special open house, seminar, lecture, opportunity for business advancement, exciting releases, a new employee, an employee of 20 years, etc.
- Submissions can be accepted from one business up to two times per month.
- Submissions will be published once. Please include the date you would prefer the item to be published when you submit it.
- Submissions may have one live link.
We hope this criteria will improve communication, keep our news fresh, and improve our open rate for the newsletters. To submit your content email Kegn Hall, Public Relations & Events Manager, or call 204-1123 ext. 170 for more information.
Want a response? Be concise!
Nowadays, people are busy and simply don’t read lengthy articles. To write a successful news item (one that gets read!) for the Member to Member Newsletter, here are a few tips to improve your writing.
- Limit the length to 75 words TOTAL, including the title - shorter is better!
- Use the title as part of the article information, rather than repeating text in the article.
- Place the most important information first - date, time, location, cost.
- Remember your contact information - telephone number, email address, and/or website link.
Sedona Rotary Club Hosts Chili Cook Off
On Saturday, May 5 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, be sure to attend the Great Sedona Chili Cook Off beside the creek at Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village. Cost is $10 per ticket, the proceeds from which will fund Rotary projects throughout the community. Purchase your tickets at Sedona Chamber Visitor Center or at the door. Price includes wine, food, and entertainment. Call (928) 555-1000, or visit SedonaRotary.org for more information.
Members can submit their content for posting on the Chamber's Facebook page. If you have your own Facebook page, our fans can become your fans. Here are the criteria:
- The event must take place at a member's location or be hosted by a member
- Submissions should be 40 words or less
- Submissions must include a link and a photo
- Please write in the third person -avoid I, we, ours, me, my, etc
- Submissions should be limited to two (2) per month
- Send your submission to Kegn Hall, Public Relations & Events Manager
Submissions must be 20 words or less (140 characters). If you direct your message (DM) @SedonaAZ we can copy and paste or you can simply mention us @SedonaAZ in your tweet and we will get it to send out.
The Chamber can send a tweet about what you are doing once per week.